Steps we are taking to keep you safe:
Enrolments/booking a course
We will be asking you to follow the instructions sent to you via email when you have booked your course. At this time, you will not be allowed to come onto a college site without a prior booking or appointment. If you are not able to access emails or online information, please call 0800 612 6008 for help and advice.
Fewer people on campus
Due to COVID-19 we must reduce the potential number of learners on site at any one time to allow us all to better follow social distancing measures. In doing so, it will also minimise the number of people that will have to self-isolate in the case of a student or staff member testing positive for Coronavirus.
Please note, you should only attend campus for your timetabled sessions. Group gatherings are to be avoided and once you have finished your sessions at college, please leave the campus safely and promptly.
We have kept our learning numbers to a minimum to allow for adequate social distancing measures. As a result, some courses may be very limited in availability and we are reviewing our most popular courses and how to run them as frequently as possible.
Our college campuses are friendly and well-equipped and will provide you with the right environment in which you can learn, relax and make friends – each with their own character and features.
Cleaning and hygiene on college sites
We will be carrying out a deep clean of all college sites on a regular basis.
As we move into the new academic year, we will continue our increased cleaning regime and ensure busier areas of the campus are cleaned more regularly.
Hand sanitisers have already been placed around college and social distancing signs are clearly on display in places where we anticipate people will gather, e.g. reception areas and libraries.
We will continue to ask everyone to regularly wash their hands throughout the day, when coming onto college sites and take precautions when coughing and sneezing, i.e. Catch it, Kill it, Bin it.
We are taking extra care to ensure your safety on campus. To keep all students and staff safe from risk of COVID-19 infection, we have put in place the following additional arrangements:
- All colleges will be deep-cleaned and daily cleaning services will be increased
- Electrostatic disinfecting machines will be used to clean floors and surfaces Protection
- Sneeze guards installed in key areas
- One-way systems around campus, including separate entrances and exits, signposts, notices and directional arrows Limited numbers
- Reduced numbers in classrooms, labs and workshops, with distancing measures throughout
- Limited number of students on campus each day
- Personal hygiene - regular handwashing will be encouraged for everyone on campus. There are sanitiser units placed at entrances, in reception areas, near toilet facilities and other suitable locations.
If you are unable to attend your course due to COVID-19, you may be entitled to a refund. Please let us know at the earliest convenience of any issues. Please do not come on site if you are showing any signs of COVID-19 or have recently come into contact with others known to have it.
Additional information and advice
If you are ready to book or want more information on course content, locations or fees - please contact our friendly Advice and Admissions team by: