Access and Participation Plan
The Office for Students describes Access and Participation plans:
"Access and participation plans set out how higher education providers will improve equality of opportunity for underrepresented groups to access, succeed in and progress from higher education.
- the provider’s ambition for change
- what it plans to do to achieve that change
- the targets it has set
- the investment it will make to deliver the plan."
Activate Learning Access and Participation Plan 19-20
Activate Learning Access and Participation Plan 20-21
Student Protection Plan
The Higher Education and Research Act 2017 requires higher education providers to maintain a Student Protection Plan to protect students’ interests in the event of material change, e.g. programme changes, suspensions, closures, or institutional closure. These events may be triggered by situations such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Institutional closure
- A strategic decision by Activate Learning to close a course or campus
- Withdrawal of designation for student support purposes
- Removal or suspension of the Tier 4 Sponsorship Licence
- Notice given by awarding body to close a course
- Loss of accreditation from regulatory bodies e.g. PSRB
- Industrial action by staff or third parties
- The unanticipated departure of key members of staff
- Changes to regulatory framework affecting a specific course
Download our HE Student Protection Plan
Student Transfer Arrangements
All providers of higher education in England are required to publish student transfer arrangements in accordance with the Higher Education Research Act 2017 and Office for Students Regulatory Framework 2018 (Condition F2).
This plan explains our institutional arrangements for students to transfer between programmes of study or higher education providers in a manner that facilitates the continuation of study.
Download our HE Student Transfer Arrangements plan