We've partnered with world-renowned, Michelin-starred chef Heston Blumenthal and his team at the Fat Duck Group to design study programmes that give you the best possible start in a demanding, fast-paced, yet hugely rewarding industry.
What sets our catering programmes apart from the rest is the emphasis we place on the fundamentals of understanding ingredients and exploring their tastes, flavours and fusions.
Heston Blumenthal has identified two critical attributes for working in this industry: Restless Perfectionism and Creative Curiousity. To find out more about how these attributes can benefit you and how we develop them throughout our catering programmes, click on the links on the right.
Inspired by these critical attributes, you will be provided with a rich variety of learning experiences, including:
- practical exploration
- food science experiments
- work and industry experience
- customer facing activity
- employer-led projects
On top of all that, we add in other experiences and opportunities to help you get ahead in your career, including:
- work alongside experienced chefs on live projects
- the opportunity to compete in regional and national food competitions
- catering for big events, including awards dinners and functions
To succeed in hospitality, you will need to be committed, resilient, understand that you won’t be working a traditional ‘nine to five’ role and have customer service at the core of everything you do. We will immerse you in the industry from day one.
- Hospitality and catering: Develop the essential practical skills and knowledge you’ll need for working in an industrial kitchen environment, in front of house
- Event management: Learn the skills needed to plan, run and evaluate engaging, successful events.