What could my future job look like?
Here are some examples of the tasks that you may be carrying out:
- Armed Forces: offering a variety of roles, from soldier to engineer or air crew, working for the armed forces will require flexibility, time management skills, precision and the ability to respond to discipline.
- Door supervisor: carry out door security tasks and assist customers entering a residential building or business, such as a nightclub, ensuring they are safe at all times.
- Bodyguard: protect someone such as celebrities, politicians or wealthy businesspeople, travelling with them at all times and ensuring they are safe, providing crowd control as needed.
- Police officer: work as part of a team to maintain law enforcement and keep communities safe.
The public services industry
Are you looking to work in the British Army, Royal Navy, RAF, Royal Marines, police, prison or probation services, or fire and rescue services?
Professions in the public services industry include roles in law and order, the armed forces, and also security. It is the responsibility of firefighters as well as members of the police, British Army and Royal Navy, to keep members of the public safe. If you are passionate about your community, you could join them.
With plenty of opportunities for progression and promotion, you’ll never get bored. You’ll see life in a difference way, as you learn new skills and develop your attributes.
If you want a career that’s hard work but rewarding, the public services might be perfect for you.
search our public services programmes
We have industry-specific programmes and partnerships with local employers including:
- Thames Valley Police Firearms
- HM Prison Service
- Fire Service
- Ambulance Service
This gives exposure to real-life training situations and allows you to forge relationships with key staff while taking part in residential trips and outdoor activities.