What could my future job look like?
Here are some examples of the tasks that you may be carrying out:
- Hair stylist: cut clients' hair, developing your knowledge of the latest trends and colouring techniques.
- Colour technician: learn specialist techniques to apply and develop colouring treatments to clients' hair.
- Salon manager: run a salon offering a number of hair and beauty treatments, ensuring it remains profitable and that it provides excellent customer service.
- Wig maker: learn specialist skills to create wigs and hair pieces for clients affected by hair loss.
- Trichologist: specialise in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting hair and scalp.
The hairdressing and barbering industry
There are forescast to be over 100,000 people employed in hairdressing occupations in England by 2021.
Want to make people look and feel amazing by advising, cutting and styling their hair? The hair and barbering industry could be perfect for you.
Career opportunities are varied: you could become a self-employed stylist or salon owner, or develop your technical skills in specialist areas such as barbering, colouring, extensions, African hair styling, wedding hair styling, and many more.
search our hairdressing and barbering programmes
Our salons are run in partnership with Wella, a major hair care and styling company. We also work closely with Dermalogica, a well-respected care products company.
We have partnered with a number of local hair salons, so you will benefit from masterclasses and guest industry speakers in a range of topics.