Activate Learning is committed to processing your personal information in a fair, legal and transparent manner, and takes appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is well protected and your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 are respected.
In particular, when we collect and process your personal information, we promise to:
- Make sure you know why we need it;
- Only ask for what we need, and not to collect excessive or irrelevant information;
- Protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn't;
- Let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better services;
- Make sure we don't keep it longer than necessary.
In return, we ask you to:
- Give us accurate and up to date information;
- Tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
How we process your personal information
Our website does not capture or share your personal information unless you choose to provide it, for example on a contact form, to request a prospectus, or in line with our cookies policy (outlined below).
We have adopted a robust Data Protection Policy, which outlines our approach to handling your personal information. For more information about how we handle your personal information, please click on the relevant privacy notice below. If you are unsure which notice relates to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
- be informed about what information we hold about you;
- access your personal information that we hold about you;
- rectify inaccuracies in personal information that we hold about you;
- have your personal data removed from our systems;
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- object to us processing your personal data by us;
- obtain a copy of, or have us transfer, all of your personal data to a third party;
- withdraw any consent you have given us to process your information for marketing purposes.
To exercise any of these rights, please follow the steps below.
Raising a concern
If you have any concerns about the way we have processed your information, please let us know in the first instance, by completing a complaints form. We take data protection very seriously and will work with you to investigate and resolve your concerns. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer directly, using the following details:
Jamie Wade, Clerk to the Corporation
Phone: 01865 551226
Address: Activate Learning
City of Oxford College
If you remain unsatisfied after our complaints process has been completed, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device. They are used for various types of functionality.
First party cookies
First party cookies are set by our website and are generally vital to the correct working of the website.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are set by external organisations for various purposes, some of which are functional, some are for analytics and performance review and some are for marketing purposes.
To see the different types of cookies our site uses and control which you wish to allow please click the cookie settings button.