We offer an exciting range of services to schools, including:
14–16 programmes (for students in years 10 and 11)
What is the vocational programme?
The Vocational programme is tailored to meet the needs of young people between the ages of 14 to 16 who are at school. The programme provides an opportunity to learn practical skills in a particular industry.
Each study programme runs over one day a week and students can enrol onto more than one programme. Download our course guide to find out more.
Our flexible learning programme is an excellent way to explore a vocation and gain employability skills. Qualifications are flexible and based on individual need and are also available for learners whose first language is not English. Entry requirements include an interest in the subject, evidence of engagement with learning and a commitment to succeed.
Who is it for?
- Young people between the ages of 14 and 16
- Young people who can start at year 10 and complete in year 11. Or can start in year 11
- Young people who are currently in school but looking for additional provision in a more grown up, structured and supportive environment
What does it offer?
- Opportunities to learn from practical experience and develop knowledge and understanding of work
- Available vocational courses in subjects like: catering, beauty therapy, hair, motor vehicle, art, construction. Please note: these courses may change year to year
- Supportive environment in which to develop confidence, personal and social skills
- Opportunity to develop skills in readiness for enterprise,employability and further learning
- Our courses provide opportunities for strong achievement at age 14+ and a basis for progressing to qualifications such as BTEC diplomas, A Levels, apprenticeships and NVQs
- Partnership working with secondary schools to ensure the best outcomes or young people
What are the benefits?
- We offer courses that engage and motivate young people helping them build confidence, self-esteem, resilience and transferable skills
- We provide an inspiring, safe and supportive grown-up learning environment where learners are treated like adults
- We have talented teachers helping learners to become more independent
Electively Home Educated
- We also offer options for additional support in education for 14-16 year olds who are home educated in line with current legislation
- Please contact the programme manager for further information
Wish to know more? If you’re interested in our Vocational programme and want to learn more about our courses, structure, applications and enrolment, you can get in touch with us now at: email@example.com
Independent careers advice and guidance for schools
We can help you provide impartial and independent careers guidance for your students. Activate Learning is Matrix-accredited and all our career consultants are professionally qualified to Level 6.
Services available include: individual careers guidance workshops (face-to-face or remotely), group sessions on a number of topics e.g. UCAS applications, destinations support and report writing (e.g. EHCP reports).