Updated Application Process During Coronavirus Pandemic
During these uncertain times, we want to reassure you that your application is secure and you will have a place on the right programme. Because our campuses are temporarily closed to most students, we will be contacting you regularly by phone and email to make sure you are ready for a flying start in September so keep an eye on your inbox. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to make a few changes and things are taking slightly longer than normal, so please see below for an outline of what to expect.
The Activate Learning Guarantee for new students
As part of this, we have put together the Activate Learning Guarantee to support prospective students starting in September 2020:
Guarantee 1 - Prior to starting at Activate Learning, we guarantee a comprehensive introduction for each student. This will include what life as an Activate Learning student looks like alongside an introduction to the programme area they wish to join. This will all happen online. It will include a short project to keep students engaged and practiced in their learning: something to read; something to do, etc.
Guarantee 2 - As a minimum entitlement, and if the pandemic development requires this, all programmes will start on time through our capability to make learning happen remotely online, through our best in class online virtual learning environment, ALO, Moodle, etc.
Guarantee 3 - If we can ensure safety, good hygiene and social distancing, we will use the first three weeks of term to provide a campus orientation session for each student. This will ensure students can:
- access the technology and apps they need to learn online effectively
- meet their tutors
- understand how the campus will work to ensure social distancing
- start to build a positive peer group bond with small group of other students (their ‘bubble’) they will be matched with and learning alongside
Guarantee 4 - After this three-week period where we orientate learners so they are ‘campus-ready’. On Campus learning will begin in small groups on-site with alternating sessions (weeks or days depending on programme), as well as introductions to practical sessions and other facilities. This arrangement will be within our guarantee of it being done with due regard to safety, hygiene and social distancing.
Before you apply
- Read our career pathways and subjects pages to research more about the programmes and potential future careers they could lead to
- Join us on a Virtual Open Event to meet tutors and ask questions
- Talk to our Activate Careers team to get independent advice and guidance about the options available and how they would match your interests and skills
- Find out about financial support to help you cover the costs associated with studying at college
Keep in touch
- Follow us on social media using the buttons at the bottom of this page to keep up to date with news and events
- Look at our Starting in September page to get an idea of what to expect
Enrol and start
- Before the start of term, we will write to invite you to enrol. This is the point at which you become a fully signed-up student, with a student ID and IT account. This is usually done online or in person
- We will let you know your first day arrangements and welcome you as you start your journey with us