City of Oxford College will co-run a new nine-week beauty therapy programme in collaboration with London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London short courses this summer.
The Introduction to Aesthetic Therapies short course will start in July 2019, with out-of-term sessions being hosted at City of Oxford College’s city centre campus and one of London College of Fashion’s London campuses.
The programme offers current level 3 learners and members of the public over 18 the opportunity to expand on their beauty therapy knowledge, especially those with an interest in specialising in aesthetic beauty therapies.
Laura Asbridge, Director of Lifestyles at Activate Learning said: “This programme offers a direct progression route for our current students as well as meeting the needs of local employers who can access the course to up skill their staff to meet the changing needs of the beauty industry.
“The expertise developed on this course will allow learners to qualify in aesthetic therapies putting them a step ahead in their future beauty careers in an industry specialism that is of high demand.”
The programme is developed in collaboration with the renowned The Harley Street Skin Clinic and ensures wholesome aesthetic care. Modules on the programme may include:
- Anatomy and physiology of scalp and face
- Botulinum toxin theory
- Chemical peeling (theory, practical product knowledge and application)
- Core knowledge (lasers and IPL theory and treatment
- Cosmeceuticals theory and cosmetic science
- Dermal filler theory
- Fitzpatrick scale skin phototyping
- Health, safety and hygiene and legislation and standards (best practice)
- Iontophoresis (theory introduction, practical product knowledge and application)
- Medical micro-needling theory
- Microdermabrasion, LED and oxygen Infusion
- Mineral make-up (theory and practical treatment
- Patient consultation and aftercare
- Physiology (ageing, physiology, dermatology, hormones and wound healing
- Radio Frequency* (theory introduction and practical treatment - mono/multi/octipolar
- Skin pigmentation (theory and practical treatment)
- Sonophoresies (theory introduction, practical product knowledge and application)
Introduction to Aesthetic Therapies is endorsed by the industry standard CIBTAC, enabling qualified students to access the insurance they need to practice in the future.
If interested, early booking will allow applicants to spread the cost of the programme with students having the option to repay the course fees in instalments until the end of July.
To learn more about the Introduction to Aesthetic Therapies programme available at City of Oxford College and UAL or to book your place, please visit the London College of Fashion, University of the Arts Londonwebsite or call on 020 7514 7552.
Follow us on social media: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram