Get one-to-one guidance interviews with a fully qualified careers adviser, providing independent and impartial careers advice.
We can talk to you about progression to employment (including apprenticeships) and university-level courses, so you'll better understand the full range of learning opportunities available.
Our friendly team can help:
- Work with you to think about your next steps - for example, talking about what you like (and don’t like), your interests, etc.
- Explore the type of education or training that may be right for you
- Look at school and college courses, apprenticeships and jobs available locally
- Plan a career pathway, a plan that will build the qualifications, skills and experience you need to succeed
- Prepare a CV, apply for a job or to university or tips to get ready for an interview, including help with UCAS applications, mock interviews and information on funding that may be available
- Help you access enterprise activities, workplace visits and volunteering opportunities.
Supporting career guidance at schools
We can work together to help pupils at your school discover Activate Learning's programmes and apprenticeships:
- Delivering sessions on options
- Holding drop in clinics to support pupils with their applications
- Arranging visits to Activate Learning.
Current students and progression
Have you got a plan yet? We're here to help,
Whether you are planning to continue studying with us, are looking for an apprenticeship or employment, or you're just not sure what to do next, we're here to support you.
If you haven’t yet had your Progression Meeting with your tutor to discuss your next steps, please contact them.
The Careers team will be working with tutors to deliver group sessions and can offer one-on-one support via phone and email – whatever works for you. Be sure to also log onto your online learning portal for lots of useful resources.
You can contact us using our enquiry form or call 0800 612 6008 to discuss how we can help.