We offer flexible support for students with disabilities studying higher education programmes at Activate Learning:
- 1:1 meetings with the HE support team to discuss your support needs, including reasonable adjustments. For example, you could be allowed extra time in exams
- We work with programme coordinators to ensure that you will be supported
- Small study skills workshops, including topics such as revision tips, planning your essays and how to manage your time effectively
- 1:1 study skills support and mentoring
- Support and guidance for students applying for Disabled Students Allowance funding
- Screening for or diagnosing specific learning difficulties - for example, dyslexia
- Referral to the Sensory Impairment team, supporting students who are deaf, hard of hearing or visually impaired.
For information regarding support with mental health issues, contact Chrissy Robertson on 01865 551998 or email HEsupportservices@activatelearning.ac.uk.