Every year, we help more than 200 students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities learn and progress.
Our courses include gaining independent living skills, preparing for employment through work placements or working in the LLD/D run shop.
We help students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in a variety of ways:
- Our Autism Spectrum Disorder Centre offers 1-1 support, Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy provision for learners with an Autism Spectrum Condition who are not able to access a mainstream environment
- Deaf support is available for our hearing impaired students
- Dyslexia support includes assessment for special arrangements during exams and some 1-1 and small group support
- Our exams office supports students who need additional time during exams, scribes, readers or additional equipment
- Learning Support Assistants offer 1-1 or small group support to students with a variety of additional needs.