Let’s face it, money matters and when it comes to student money, we know how important it is to be informed about fees and funding. Here's what is currently available to learners:
If you are aged 16–18, you will not pay any tuition fees for our programmes.
If you are aged 19+ and not in receipt of income-related benefits, you will need to pay for all fees and course costs. You can pay for your fees in person (cash, card or cheque) or over the telephone (by debit or credit card).
You may be eligible for a course fee waiver if you are:
- aged 19+, unemployed and receiving benefits, and on a programme that is eligible
- aged 19+ and working towards—but have not already achieved—a GCSE 9–4 (A*–C) in English and maths
- aged 19+, employed and earning less than £16,009.50 per annum, and your programme is eligible
- aged between 19–23 when you start your course, this is your first, full Level 2 or 3 qualification, and your programme is eligible
19+ Advanced Learner Loans
If you are studying on a full-time Level 3 or 4 course or apprenticeship, you are eligible to apply for a loan to help you pay your tuition fees. These loans are not means-tested or subject to credit checks, and you start repaying it when you earn over £25,725 per year.
Loans for Access to Higher Education programmes are cleared if you go on to complete a higher education course with support of a higher education student loan.
Higher education fees
Our higher education programmes offer excellent value for money. Fees are competitive, and dependent on the programme and awarding body.
Fees for international students
If you are not a UK or EU citizen, you will pay international student fees. Please visit www.activatelearning.ac.uk/international or call us on 0800 612 6008.
Help is available for anyone struggling to meet additional costs for materials, uniforms or trips.
The following bursaries are on offer for those who meet the eligibility criteria:
- Travel Bursary
- Food credits
- Vulnerable bursary
- Study start-up costs, trips and work placement bursary
- Young carers bursary
- Residential bursary
- College hardship fund
For more information on bursaries, eligibility criteria and how to apply, please contact our Advice and Admissions team or call us today on 0800 612 6008 for more information.