The new measures will be introduced from tomorrow (Tuesday 30 November) as a precaution to slow down the spread of the new Omicron variant while more information is gathered. We will continue to monitor the guidance as the situation develops.
Face coverings should be worn in communal areas in all settings by staff, visitors and students, unless someone has a valid exemption.
Contact tracing and isolation
The current guidance on contact tracing and isolation remains in place. In addition to these, any suspected or confirmed close contacts of the Omicron variant will be asked to isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccination status or age. You will be contacted directly and told to isolate.
Consistent COVID-19 testing is key
Staff and students are encouraged to continue LFD testing twice a week to allow us to catch any early infections and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to offer test kits for staff and students to take home. Please speak to your Head of Campus – Student Experience about where you can locate these.
How to protect yourself and others
Here are some tips to help protect your health and that of others near you:
- Please continue to use hand sanitisers or wash your hands regularly when on campus and follow the Catch it, bin it, kill it approach to respiratory hygiene.
- Ensure your office, classroom or teaching space is well ventilated, wherever possible.
- We would recommend any staff or students who haven’t yet done so to get their COVID-19 vaccine, and to those who are eligible for the booster jab to make an appointment for it as soon as possible.
- As outlined above, please continue to test twice a week and report your results.
- Please continue to be mindful of others around you and their circumstances and to respect their need for social distancing.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions about anything we’ve said here, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.