Looking to start college in September 2021? Activate Learning invites you to attend Guildford College's February Virtual Open Event! Open Events are the perfect opportunity to consider your course options and discover what the college environment is really like.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation and the changing Government guidelines, we have made the decision that we will deliver this Open Event virtually in the form of 1:1 tutor appointments.
We are inviting you to book up to three virtual 1:1 appointments with a subject specialist tutor on Wednesday 3 February, between 4pm and 8pm.
You will be able to discuss our courses, your possible next steps and ask as many questions as you have!
Tutor appointments are now available - BOOK NOW
We are also offering virtual 1:1 support appointments with our support services team. These appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout February (apart from half-term) between 3.30pm and 5pm.
You can choose to speak to:
- our Head of Campus Student Experience - for insight into college life, our amazing facilities, what it's like on campus and what to expect from the day to day.
- a member of our Learning Support team- we are committed to providing support for students who have additional needs. We are here to help if you have an Education, Health & Care Plan, or any kind of disability or learning difficulty.
- a member of our School Partner Executive team - for advice with entry criteria, how to apply for your place or help with an application and general advice about your next steps including keeping your options open and thinking about a Plan A, Plan B and maybe even a Plan C.
- a member of our Apprenticeship team- for guidance about apprenticeships. This high-quality workplace learning and training programme allows you to develop the skills employers want from day one, while gaining valuable skills and professional knowledge in a specific industry role.
- a member of our Student Support team- for further information regarding the support and assistance framework we offer to all of our students, ranging from personal support to financial advice, we've got it covered.
Support appointments are available - BOOK NOW
We are offering virtual 1:1 Careers appointments too with a member of our Careers Team. These appointments are available between 11am and 4pm from Monday 15 to Friday 19 February.
You can speak to a member of our Careers Team for impartial advice about courses, possible careers and general guidance about next steps.
Careers appointments are available - BOOK NOW
The booking system only takes 3 simple steps -
- Choose your subject area from the list provided.
- Choose which member of staff you would like to have your appointment with.
- Click on the time slot that suits you and then fill in your contact details so that our tutors can contact you at the allotted time - and then press "book". Repeat as required to make further appointments.
You will then receive a booking confirmation with all of the details for your appointment, including a link to access the appointment.
Please note, if you are planning to use your mobile device to access this call, you will first need to download the Microsoft Teams app. If you are using a laptop to access this call, you can choose to access Microsoft Teams via a browser.
If you missed our Virtual Open Event in October, you can still view all the content, so in the meantime, check out some of the presentations from other members of the team so you get a great insight into life at Guildford College.