Do you dream of becoming a professional footballer? Do you want to play football alongside studying for a college diploma after you finish your GCSEs?
Banbury and Bicester College and Banbury United FC have joined forces to launch two, full-time footballing diplomas. The one-year, Level 1 and 2 programmes are designed for anyone passionate about pursuing a career in football.
Aimed at students aged 16–18, the diplomas guide enthusiastic young footballers on their journey as student athletes, preparing them for post-secondary studies and a future in football or beyond.
The courses provide academic support for you to work towards BTEC qualifications, whilst training like a professional footballer. The Academy is open to anyone of any ability with a passion for football. As a member of the Academy you will:
- Be trained by qualified coaches at Banbury United Football Club three times a week
- Have the opportunity to play for a Banbury United team at weekly football matches in the Tactic League
- Study up to a Level 2 BTEC Sport qualification at Banbury and Bicester College
- Attend coaching masterclasses
- Run weekly coaching sessions at local schools
- Volunteer at school football camps
The first 15 students who apply for the course will receive a free training and match kit, backpack and football: so make sure to get your application in early!
Come and see us to find out more:
- Saturday 11 May, 10am–noon: Taster day! Kick around with the youth team, ladies team and Banbury United Manager, Mike Ford. Meet Activate Learning staff and representatives from the clubs, and get your application in for this September.
There’s no need to register in advance; just come along to Banbury United FC on the day. We hope to see you there!