Reading, RG1 4HJ
Take your first steps towards a fantastic career in travel with the Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
This course focuses on three key areas:
- Practical skills in Travel and Tourism: You will be working alongside Level 3 Travel and Tourism students gaining the essential skills needed to thrive in this competitive industry.
- Workskills and employability: You will develop core skills in communication, project management and studentship. These skills will make you more employable and enable you to achieve on Level 3 if you choose to progress.
- English and maths: To maximise your employment and progression opportunities, you will retake English and Maths qualifications (if you did not achieve grade 4 (C) or above at GCSE).
In addition, the course team will mentor you at the end of the course to help you progress onto Level 3 or into employment.
What I'll learn
- meet like-minded people on the course, people who are all interested in the industry as a whole
- gain excellent customer service skills which are transferable into any job in the future
- get experience in interviews and techniques used
- work independently within self-study
- build great teamwork skills and the ability to work on group project, planning and events
- have access to great IT facilities, a world of resources and the opportunity to see the industry first hand due to the multiple study trips that are undertaken throughout the year
- have access to experienced people currently working in different sectors of the industry through regular guest speakers
How I'll learn
This course focuses on tour operators, holiday centres, tourist attractions, hospitality as well as aviation.
All the tutors are subject specialists with first hand knowledge of the industry.
You will need to be organised, self-motivated and diligent to complete this course. It will involve elements of self-study as well as team work.
How I'll be assessed
The qualification is run in conjunction with robust GCSE English and GCSE Maths courses to enable the student who wishes to work in the travel and tourism sector the knowledge and skill of customer service, geography and business.
We'd like to thank all the employers who provide invaluable work placements for students on these courses
You will need four GCSEs at grade 4 (D) or equivalent (including English and maths) and/ or a completed Level 1 award
If you are interested in a Level 2 programme and have alternative qualifications you would like us to consider, please contact us to discuss your circumstances. Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and complete an internal assessment.
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online. Click on APPLY NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register for our online service and verify your account
- Log in to our website and click APPLY NOW on your chosen programme’s page to complete your application
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
Please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.