What I'll learn
Your teacher training will cover all aspects of specialist support, including:
- planning, delivering, and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher
- bilingual and special needs support
- personal development
- reﬂective practice
There are mandatory and optional units in this qualification.
- child and young person development
- safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- help improve own and team practice in schools
- maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- support children and young people’s health and safety
- support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- support learning activities
- schools as organisations
- provide displays in schools or
- support children with disabilities, special educational needs
How I'll learn
During the teacher training, there are opportunities to do a work placement under the direction of a mentor/ teacher/ senior teaching assistant two days a week. You can find out more about this when you apply.
On successful completion of this programme, which requires 30 credits, you will gain a CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF). You could continue your training and progress to the CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning (QCF) - ask at the college for details.
If you are already employed as a teaching assistant and wish to learn as an apprentice whilst working, please contact our apprenticeships team on firstname.lastname@example.org
How I'll be assessed
You are assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by CACHE (Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education).
There are opportunities to do a work placement under the direction of a mentor/teacher/senior teaching assistant 2 days a week. You can find out more about this when you apply.