Bracknell & Wokingham College,
Bracknell, RG12 1DJ
This Level 6 BA (Hons) Degree in Education and Lifelong Learning offers a range of subjects aimed at the caring professions and educational practice sector.
On this course, you will be able to enhance your professional practice, which will provide opportunities for career development.
By completing this course, you will achieve a BA (Honours) degree in Education and Lifelong Learning awarded by Oxford Brookes University. Once you have graduated, you may progress to initial teacher training (ITT) programmes, Master's degrees or Teaching Apprenticeships.
Home/EU* Fee for September 2021 entry: £7,570 per year
Please note: tuition fees are published for the first year of entry only and may increase in subsequent years both for new and continuing students in line with an inflationary amount determined by the Office for Students
*Fee information for European Union (EU) students: If your course starts on or after the 1st August 2021 you will no longer be eligible for financial support from Student Finance England unless you meet one of the following criteria:
- you are able to benefit from the citizens’ rights agreements
- you are an Irish national living in the UK or republic of Ireland – benefits of Irish nationals under Common Travel Area guidance arrangement will continue.
If you need any further information or guidance, please contact us at HE@ActivateLearning.ac.uk
What I'll learn
This course covers the a wide range of subjects related to education, teaching and the professional practice in education.
- research methods
- psychology in the learning environment
- developing professional roles and identity
- contemporary issues in education
- developing an effective learning environment
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
You will need:
- a Level 4/5 Foundation Degree (240 credits equivalent) in a relevant subject
- two years of work/volunteer experience in an educational setting
- a GCSE at grade 4 or above in English (or equivalent)
If you're interested in initial teacher training programmes at the primary or secondary level, you will need a GCSE in English, maths and science at Grade 4 or above when you apply.
For the Post-16 PGCE qualification, you will need a GCSE at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online. Click on APPLY NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register for our online service and verify your account
- Log in to our website and click APPLY NOW on your chosen programme’s page to complete your application
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
Please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.