Bracknell & Wokingham College,
Bracknell, RG12 1DJ
The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic in Counselling is higher level course allowing you to progress directly to work within the counselling sector.
This two year, part-time qualification gives learners the knowledge, skills and competencies required to work as a therapeutic counsellor in an agency context.
It is designed to lead to an employed or voluntary role in a counselling agency in both healthcare and non-medical settings. Learners with sufficient experience can also begin working as independent practitioners in private practice on completion of this course.
Find out more about this programme on the CPCAB website.
What I'll learn
On this programme you will learn:
- How to work ethically and safely as a counsellor
- Understanding the therapeutic relationship
- Working with client diversity in counselling work
- The user centred approach to working with clients
- The importance of self-awareness
- The person centred approach to therapeutic change
- The role of clinical supervision
How I'll learn
You will learn via:
- Practical and theory lessons
- Experiential group work
- Counselling skills practice
- Case studies
How I'll be assessed
- External exam (in year two)
Other course requirements
- Placement requirement (100 hrs)
- Personal counselling (60 hrs)
You must have obtained both our Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and our Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies, or their equivalent.
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online. Click on APPLY NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register for our online service and verify your account
- Log in to our website and click APPLY NOW on your chosen programme’s page to complete your application
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
Please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.