What I'll learn
Explore your options for employment in a uniformed public service with this Level 1 Diploma in Protective Services. It helps to develop your teamwork skills and personal fitness, and you will do practical lessons relating to map reading and outdoor activities, sports, and first aid.
How I'll learn
You study the purpose, role and responsibilities of our uniformed public services and test your teamwork skills in the fitness, outdoor and adventurous skills modules.
The units are:
- unit 1: Standard requirements for entry and the main stages of recruitment process
- unit 2: Assess your own fitness and develop a personal programme of fitness training
- unit 3: Investigate how to plan effectively for team work and how to develop your own role in a team
- unit 4: Explore self management, identify the importance of discipline and the effects of a lack of discipline
- unit 5: Learn how to read different types of maps, obtain grid references and use a compass
Visits and residential trips are an integral part of the course and carry an additional cost payable when you start.
How I'll be assessed
The course is based on continuous assessment over one year.
The course consists of 5 units; each unit is marked and assessed as coursework. Some assignments may be integrated across the course units. Mandatory residential trips provide the opportunity to assess the practical application of outdoor activities and teamwork skills.