Woodley Hill House,
Reading, RG6 1HH
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
This workshop gives simple tips to make your photographs more appealing; learn how to take the alternative view, add interest and create a different perspective. Look beyond the superficial and really learn to engage with your subject matter.
The day will begin with a short lecture, showing you some great images and explaining techniques that make them look so effective. You will gain a different perspective, improved photographic technique and an understanding of aesthetics that should impact positively on the quality of your images.
What I'll learn
- Where to place your subject within the frame to create a more appealing result
- Learn about the golden section or the rule of thirds
- How to use foreground to give perspective
- Why there are images that are more pleasing to the eye and a look at images that break all the rules, but still work!
How I'll learn
The main part of the day will be a practical session, working with your camera in different environments to create a range of images, followed by peer assessment to discuss successes and ways to improve your images.
Digital SLR camera essential. Interchangeable lenses or a zoom lens also beneficial.
Packed lunch (refreshments are available on site for a small cost)
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course