Woodley Hill House,
Reading, RG6 1HH
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
From the basic workspace to automated processes.
This project-based course provides a comprehensive overview of the main photo-manipulation tools and techniques including:
- working with layers and transformations
You will also explore using new advanced ways of working including the powerful Adobe Camera Raw plug-in and non-destructive editing options.
What I'll learn
You will learn such things as:
- file compression for JPEGs and find out what image resolution produces the best prints
- explore the toolbox in Photoshop CC: main tool functions including the selection tools, retouching and vector tools
- adjusting colour casts in photographs and improving hue and saturation
- sample images will be provided during the course to practice on. You may bring along your own files
You will be shown the benefits of working with layers, by making a composite image from different pictures. Adding text and enhancing it with layer styles and effects, for example:
- merging a colour photograph with a black and white photograph
- an introduction to channels and masks and other advanced methods and automation
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
Basic computer skills are essential as we will be exploring advanced techniques within Adobe Creative Suite.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.