Reading, RG1 4HJ
This four-week course goes over step by step all the fundamentals to give you the knowledge to understand and start using your camera, 'Off Auto '.
Have you just purchased a Digital SLR but you’re not sure how to use the camera or all of the functions? Or have you owned one for a while and want to stop photographing on Auto?
If you are new to digital photography and have a DSLR, or Bridge camera and are looking to improve your images then this is the course for you.
You will learn how to move out of the automatic shooting modes and take control of your camera to produce the pictures that you really want to.
The course runs over four consecutive Tuesdays from 6:30–8:30 pm.
Develop your digital photography skills even further and join Digital Photography- The next step.
What I'll learn
You will learn about:
- Going through your camera settings, what they do, when you might use them
- The different Shoot modes (Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual)
- What is the Exposure Triangle
- White Balance
- Camera Menu functions (varies camera to camera)
- How to achieve depth of field (that blurry affect)
- The difference between 'Quality choice ' Jpeg/ RAW / TIFF ' and resolution
- Lens choice and focal length
How I'll learn
This is a very hands-on, practical course. You will need to bring your own camera. A Digital SLR is essential.
Access to a computer and printer is useful.
The course helps you develop the creative use of your camera. It will involve some optional homework to fully benefit from the teaching.
Courses will run on a Tuesday evening from 6 pm until 9 pm.
Please bring your Digital SLR camera, with a memory card in and fully charged battery. A pen and notebook to jot down any notes might come in handy. The instruction manual (if you still have it) sometimes useful to refer to in class.
Please wear suitable clothes and footwear for the weather conditions at the time, as if weather allows, we will sometimes go outside to do practical sessions.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.