Oxford City Centre,
Oxford, OX1 1SA
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Explore all aspects of the performing arts including drama, dance, musical, theatre, staging, public performances, arts, administration and employment opportunities in this Level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts.
If you are looking to get into drama school, work as a theatre professional, or go to university to study in the arts, then this is the course for you. The programme will develop your confidence through performances which enable you to express yourself fully.
Each year, our students have the opportunity to take part in our End of Year Festival to showcase their work. Take a look at our video of the 2019 show, "Arrival".
What I'll learn
You will develop your practical skills in drama, dance and the whole production process from technical theatre to performance. You will also be encouraged to develop analytical skills and acquire a broad knowledge of the way the performing arts business works. You will have the opportunity to participate in group productions. In addition, you will be encouraged to develop creative skills and strong organisational capabilities.
This one-year course enables you to do both by providing the perfect foundation year. This course focuses on three key areas:
- Practical skills in the performing arts: You will be working alongside Level 3 Performing Arts students gaining the essential skills needed to thrive in this competitive industry.
- Workskills and Employability: You will develop core skills in communication, project management and studentship. These skills will make you more employable and enable you to achieve on Level 3 if you choose to progress.
- English and Maths: To maximise your employment and progression opportunities, you will retake English and Maths qualifications (if you did not achieve grade C or above at GCSE). In addition, the course team will mentor you at the end of the course to help you progress onto Level 3 or into employment.
How I'll learn
Students on this course will be helped to develop practical performance skills using voice and movement to communicate effectively to an audience. You will also learn the importance of team work and self-discipline and gain confidence in interacting with others. These skills can be used not just in the performing arts industry but in many other areas of work.
How I'll be assessed
You will undertake practical assignments performed in class and in public, small and large group projects and workshops.
Four GCSEs including English and maths grade D/3 and/or a completed Level 1 award.
If you are interested in a Level 2 programme and have alternative qualifications you would like us to consider please contact us with your details.
Applicants will be invited to attend an audition and an interview and to complete an internal assessment. All students will have their literacy and numeracy needs supported within the programme.
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online. Click on APPLY NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register for our online service and verify your account
- Log in to our website and click APPLY NOW on your chosen programme’s page to complete your application
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
Please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.