What I'll learn
This programme provides opportunities for students to explore, develop and test their creativity while enhancing self-confidence and revealing the potential career demands and opportunities within the sector. Students will gain the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to access and progress to further study and training in a range of music performance and production disciplines.
The content of the UAL Level 1 Diploma in Music, Performing and Production Arts has been developed collaboratively with representatives from universities, further education colleges and sixth form colleges to ensure that it provides students with the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to progress to the next level of education and training.
As part of the qualification, students will be provided with:
- An introduction to the equipment and processes used in music, performing and production arts, and the skills necessary to record and express ideas.
- An understanding of how contextual research is used to support creative activities.
- An introduction to the communication skills used in support of creative activities and develop an understanding of the role that communication skills play in informing and developing ideas.
- An opportunity to use acquired skills, knowledge and understanding to explore and resolve creative problems.
- An opportunity to develop personal strengths in music, performing and production arts and to use the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in previous units.
The UAL Level 1 Diploma in Music, Performing and Production Arts is generally delivered over one year and will enable students to develop a portfolio of work that could support progression into a range of courses at Level 2. The majority of students com
How I'll learn
The programme uses established approaches to teaching, learning and assessment that are successfully proven to appeal to and engage students seeking practical study.
The Level 1 Diploma in Music, Performing and Production Arts has been designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to access and progress to further study and training in a range of music performance and production disciplines. The qualification has been designed to provide students with an introduction to the skills, knowledge and understanding that will enhance self-confidence and impart an understanding of the career demands and opportunities within the creative industries.
How I'll be assessed
In order to achieve the qualification, students must successfully pass six units – five units at Level 1, then a choice of one further unit at either Level 1 or Level 2.
The final project unit allows students to demonstrate all the learning that has taken place through completion of the other units. This unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and determines the overall qualification grade.