Read the 'can do' statements below. Which statements apply to you?
- I can use the main present, past and future tenses with confidence
- I am familiar with the difference between past perfect and the past perfect continuous
- I am familiar with the most common irregular verbs and their declinations
- I can use the imperative (formal and informal) and negative imperative
- I can use the subjunctive with confidence
- I can use the gerund wih confidence
- I can talk confidently about familiar topics
- I can manage conversations about unknown topics to a certain extent
- I can understand the gist of films and narrated stories
- I can write an essay of 140/160 words on a familiar topic
- I can understand feelings and points of view of others
- I can express complaints/my point of view fairly well
- I can make counter proposals, accept and decline invitations
If at least ten of the above statements apply to you, an Upper-Intermediate Course (either semester/phase) should be suitable for you, although it is recommended that, if possible, you do semester 1 before semester 2.
If you're unsure, call 0800 612 6008 or contact us here with any questions you may have and we'll get you on the right course.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.