Reading, RG1 4HJ
Broaden your knowledge of the language and engage in more natural conversations with native speakers.
This course is for those of you who have completed the beginners' course or who have studied the language for about a year.
You can check your language level with our downloadable guide on this page or check the entry requirements below.
If you would like to take the journey to the next level of your language ability in a relaxed environment, come and join us! The tutor will use a range of resources (videos, games, role-plays and handouts) to supplement the course book.
Please note: this course does not run during the half-term/end-of-term breaks.
What I'll learn
You will develop your language skills and improve your confidence in speaking and understanding of common phrases.
The topics are likely to include:
- Homes and furniture
- Daily routine
- Talking about the future
- Talking about the past
- Describing people
These may vary depending on the learners’ ability on the course.
This course does not lead to a formal qualification, but we are happy to discuss ways to take a formal qualification.
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- Audio/visual stimulation and immersion
- Teacher-led, formal instruction
- Group and pair work
You will have the chance to use the language in real-life situations through fun and engaging role-plays and lively group discussions.
You will also have access to specialised websites for home learning.
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your language skills according to your own specific needs.
Read the 'can do' statements below. Which statements apply to you?
- I can use vocabualry to shop for quantites of food with some confidence
- I can use the present tense, including reflexive verbs
- I can easily use the pronouns for this language
- I can talk about past events, using two or more past tenses
- I can talk about likes and dislikes with some detail (eg, free time activities)
- I can make and deal with some problems/complaints at restaurants/hotels/shops etc
If at least four of the above statements apply to you, a Pre-Intermediate Course (either semester/phase) should be suitable for you, although it is recommended that, if possible, you do semester 1 before semester 2.
If you're unsure, call 0800 612 6008 or contact us here with any questions you may have and we'll get you on the right course.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.