Bracknell & Wokingham College,
Bracknell, RG12 1DJ
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Gain an in-demand skill that will allow you to work from home!
Graphic Design is an increasingly important skill for all kinds of creatives to have, and this course takes the learner through a detailed perspective into social media and website design.
Users will quickly develop from beginner skills to finish at a more intermediate level. Learners will work through a creative task, using image manipulation and advanced tools to create their own graphic content used in company logos, website banners and other promotional resources.
Learners will be getting to grips with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, two different software programs that have been incorporated within the media industry for decades.
After this course, you can develop your existing knowledge of Photoshop even further with more digitally practical short courses from Activate Learning.
You may also acquire an interest in working with other Adobe creative software, such as Illustrator and In-Design.
What I'll learn
- How to create a series of original content including logos, banners, badges and interactive graphics used to improve the audience’s user experience (UX).
- Combine and blend images to produce composites originally unimaginable.
- Enhance projects with design elements and text to ensure they pack-a-punch
How I'll learn
- Learn the ability to edit and manipulate photos at a beginner level.
- Go over the fundamental principles of basic graphics design.
- Actively find ways to solve issues with online media content quickly and efficiently.
Practice materials will be provided throughout the first sessions.
It’s recommended to bring in an external hard drive or portable USB memory device to store a backup of your practical work should anything go wrong.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.