Bracknell & Wokingham College,
Bracknell, RG12 1DJ
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
A perfect introduction for those who have always wanted to know what happens next after the filmmaking has finished.
This course kickstarts you off in the direction of telling a story through a visual narrative, sticking together lots of individual pieces. You can expect to work with Adobe Premiere Pro, an industry grade editing software, which will be used primarily whilst being taught the pure basics to understand the concept of post-production for beginners.
Develop an understanding of how to edit videos, with scope of furthering your knowledge and creative skillset using Premiere Pro with our ‘Intermediate’ and ‘Advanced’ Video Editing courses.
Acquire an interest for working in other Adobe creative softwares such as Adobe Audition, Media Encoder and After Effects.
What I'll learn
- Understand what makes a ‘good’ and ‘bad’ video edit.
- Learn the techniques that professionals within the Film & Television industry use on a day-to-day basis.
- How to take unrelated video clips and turn them into a video edit that you can be proud of!
- An introductory skillset whilst using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience working with basic editing techniques, adding text and using external media to add depth into your project.
How I'll learn
- You can expect to finish this short course with a piece of media to use on your showreels or just to show at your own leisure.
- The ability to use your imagination to solve problems that may halt your video’s progression.
- With the completion of this short course, we advise you to further develop your skills and apply yourself to the Intermediate and Advanced Video Editing courses, as well as the ‘Colour Correction in Video Editing’ short course.
Practice materials will be provided throughout the first sessions.
It’s recommended to bring in an external hard drive or portable USB memory device to store a backup of your practical work should anything go wrong. This will also come handy when saving your work if you wish to take it home afterwards.
For hygiene reasons we recommend that all students bring in their own headphones (not earphones) to use when accessing the digital resources in the classroom.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.