Bracknell & Wokingham College,
Bracknell, RG12 1DJ
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Work with a short film script and a collection of rushes!
Within this Intermediate step-up course, learners will find themselves working with a short film script and a collection of rushes.
Delivery on this course includes improving organisational techniques used within video editing and creating difference sequences to explore other avenues and ideas. Previous learners can expect to access Premiere Pro once again, with the additional presence of Adobe Media Encoder being used to process your projects with ease.
Learners can expect to finish this short course with a piece of media that they can use on their showreels or just to show at their own leisure.
The ability to use your imagination to solve problems which may halt your video’s progression.
With the completion of this short course, we advise learners to further develop their skills and apply themselves to the Advanced Video Editing courses as well as the ‘Colour Correction in Video Editing’ short course.
Once you've comleted this course, you can develop an understanding of how to edit videos in a more advanced capacity, with scope of furthering your knowledge and creative skillset using Premiere Pro with our ‘Advanced’ Video Editing course.
Acquire an interest for working in other creative video editing softwares outside of the standard Adobe Creative Cloud!
What I'll learn
- Develop your understand of video editing exploring alternative options in how to do basic tasks more effectively than before.
- Learn how to correctly work with metadata to help you with your work even further. This step up course will focus more on pre-planning and preparation before diving straight into cutting clips together.
- Experience of completing a task within a set deadline.
- An introduction to how to effectively use Adobe Media Encoder for fast exports and compressions.
- Experience working with intermediate editing techniques, adding elements of animation to your media and learning more about shot management.
How I'll learn
You will learn through a variety of methods, including:
- formal instruction
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
Practice materials will be continued to be provided for this short course. It’s recommended to bring in an external hard drive or portable USB memory device to store a backup of your practical work should anything go wrong. This will also come handy when saving your work if you wish to take it home afterwards.
For hygiene reasons we recommend that all students bring in their own headphones (not earphones) to use when accessing the digital resources in the classroom.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.