Bracknell & Wokingham College,
Bracknell, RG12 1DJ
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
This Advanced course is suitable for students who have attended the Intermediate Video Editing course or are experienced in video editing.
With expert tutor guidance and support, you will be tasked with completing a short feature film from start to finish over the length of the course. There will be a mixture of using existing rushes as well as creating custom ‘cutaway’ shots.
The art of ‘colour correction and grading’ will be covered even further within duration of the project, using a mixture of Adobe Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve created by Blackmagic Design. By the end of this course in video editing, you will be confident working with any digital challenge when it comes to putting a story together from scratch!
Activate Learning offer a range of Media Learning for Leisure courses throughout the year.
What I'll learn
- Introduction to Colour Correction and Grading which can also be viewed as a separate introduction to the Colour Correction in Video Editing short course.
- Learning and applying the art of ‘colour science’ to an edit to add an extra level of creativity into the mix.
- Working with industry grade colour correcting software, Davinci Resolve, a software also heavily used in the industry within the post-production process.
- Continuing skills learnt in Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, After Effects and Audition and going all the way with this project to make it the best short film you’ve made so far!
- Experience working with advanced editing techniques involving a variety of ways to ‘cut’ shots within a sequence, importing and editing atmospheric soundscapes that set the scene perfectly and creating an effective title sequence.
How I'll learn
- You can expect to finish this short course with a piece of media that they can use on their showreels or just to show at their own leisure.
- The ability to use your imagination to solve problems which may halt your video’s progression.
- With the completion of this short course, we advise learners to further develop their skills and apply themselves to the ‘Colour Correction in Video Editing’ short course for a more focused course on colour correction and grading which is only touched upon in the Advanced Video Editing course
Practice materials will be continued to be provided for this short course.
It’s recommended to bring in an external hard drive or portable USB memory device to store a backup of your practical work should anything go wrong. This will also come handy when saving your work if you wish to take it home afterwards.
For hygiene reasons we recommend that all students bring in their own headphones (not earphones) to use when accessing the digital resources in the classroom.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.