Banbury, OX16 9QA
This is your chance to make a film in one week!
Learn how to create a thriller/horror movie based on your own story and film and screen it in a week, using iPads, HD cameras and iMacs.
Thrill and spook your friends in these five easy stages. Learn all the core movie making skills developing:
- a story
- sound and effects
Do all this and post the results online in one week! Be the next Steven Spielberg or David Fincher to scare your audience to their core… ‘Action!’
This course has been especially designed for young creatives between 12–16 years old and will run the Easter holidays on 5 consecutive days from 10am–1pm.
Please bring your own refreshments and a snack.
After this course, you may also wish to join our National Art and Design Saturday Club for 13–16 years olds.
What I'll learn
You will learn about:
- Film media: who, what and why make movies?
- Genres, themes and film techniques
- Storytelling with picture.
- Develop individual story ideas, pitch it, storyboard, write a script and schedule. Do a screen test film it, light it, add sound (core skills). (Film test - out on location).
- Filming the final film as a crew, deciding crew roles, actors and action on location.
- Editing the final movie with rushes and draft edits. Deciding music, sounds and effects.
- Final film and screening of film to an audience.
"Lights, Camera, Action! Cameras rolling… Silence on set.”
How I'll learn
Develop new skills in moviemaking, cinematography, storytelling, designing sets and filming on location for your own movie masterpiece.
Develop confidence and presentation skills sharing your ideas with the group and gaining leadership to direct and produce your first mega- movie for an audience.
All you need is imagination and energy mixed with an ability to learn new skills, work as team, share your ideas, try something new and possibly become a new acting star of the future or a filmmaker, director or producer!
The stars are the limit! It’s your call… Book now!
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.