What I'll learn
You will work on a series of individual and group assignments which cover subjects such as:
- Pre-production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Communication Skills for Creative Media Production
- Research Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Creative Media Production Management Project
Optional units which may include:
- Understanding the Computer Games Industry
- 2D Animation Production
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Sound in Interactive Media
- Computer Games Engines
- 3D Modelling
- Flash for Computer Games
How I'll learn
The Games Development Level 3 Extended Diploma provides in-depth knowledge, skills and understanding in the key concepts and practical skills.
Individual learning targets are set each term and you receive regular feedback on your progress in meeting these targets. Formal assessment is through assignments, projects, presentations and practical assessments, which are set at regular intervals throughout the course.
This programme has strong links to industry, reflected through guest speakers and outside clients. You have full access to our new media centre, which consists of a television studio, digital, video and sound editing equipment, a radio studio and computing facilities. You work with specialist tutors on live practical projects.
How I'll be assessed
All work for your Games Development Level 3 Extended Diploma is assessed through coursework. Additional qualifications in areas such as English, Maths or ICT are assessed by an external exam.