Reading, RG1 4HJ
This is a beginners course that will cover all the aspects of learning how to animate with simple 3D ‘hands on’ modelling.
You will learn how to manage your work environment, and create a 3D animation that comes to life, and flows well on the screen. At the end of the course, you will then be shown how to share your work digitally.
As beginners to this medium, 3D modelling will be guided step by step through each process and the digital process will be explained and demonstrated.
What I'll learn
You will be taught the basics of The 12 Principles of Animation: essential knowledge for any budding animator!
- Getting to grips with modelling using plasticine, wire and objects
- The basics of how to use the ‘STOPMOTION STUDIO APP’ in order to create and edit your animation
- Getting the Flow Right: Frames per Second and good timing in movement of 3D objects
- Try the Replacement Stopmotion Animation technique on walk cycles
- Managing your work environment: both 3D studio work and digitally
- How to share your work digitally to a wider audience
How I'll learn
You will learn a good understanding of how animation works. Gaining the ability to create a smooth animation with 3D objects and simple lighting.
"Stop Motion Intermediate" will expand your newly acquired skills. There are also other digital and media based courses available at our Reading Campus.
What you will need for the first session:
- A pack of plasticine (available from craft shops)
- Your mobile phone or tablet with STOPMOTION STUDIO APP installed
- A tripod that attaches to your device
- Basic knowledge of using your mobile phone
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.