LLDD, Professional Course
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
This course helps learners to enter the workforce and develop their careers.
Route to Recruit is a unique programme which supports people with learning disabilities and additional needs.
It does so through an innovative workforce and career development model that benefits the individual, workplace and community.
It is available as a progression route to students who are in their last year of education and who have expressed a desire to work.
What I'll learn
A typical day includes:
- Classroom based teaching of the Project SEARCH curriculum and an accredited course
- Participation at one or more internship rotations
- Lunch with work peers
- Feedback from the instructor, job coach and mentors/department managers
How I'll learn
As the student moves through the programme, they have individualised job development and placements throughout the year which are based on the strengths, skills and interests of the young person. Students are given support through on-the-job coaching and work site adjustments with the ultimate goal of independence.
- Participate in a variety of internships in a high-status local business
- Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Gain increased independence, confidence and self esteem
- Obtain on site and individualised instruction, support and reasonable adjustments
- Develop links to to adult service agencies
- Prepare for adult life in a safe and fulfilling way
- Aged 18 or above
- Desire and plan to work competitively in the community at the conclusion of Project SEARCH programme
- In their last year of education at Reading College
- Can EITHER use public transport independently on familiar routes, and participate in travel training to learn new routes OR be able to get to and from the host employer either independently/through family support
How to Apply
To register your interest and contact the Foundation Learning team, you do not need to complete the full college application form. Please complete this short form.