Woodley Hill House,
Reading, RG6 1HH
This is a mixed ability class suitable for beginners and those with some experience of flower arranging.
The class will cover a variety of techniques and principles of flower arranging.
There will be demonstrations and practical work to give you the confidence to develop your own style and create a variety of floral designs.
You will work at your own pace with our friendly and experienced tutor's guidance.
What I'll learn
You will learn the following:
- conditioning and preparation of plant material
- know the characteristics and uses of fresh plant materials
- expand knowledge of techniques and mechanics needed to create a variety of contemporary and traditional designs
- practical experience of constructing a variety of creative arrangements
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
Please bring with you:
- a notepad and pen
- approximately three stems of open lilies OR 8/10 stems of alstromeria
- garden foliage plus a few extra flowers such as chrysanthemums or roses
- a dish or bowl approximately 10” diameter depending on size of flowers
- floral foam
Floral foam can be purchased from the tutor if required.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.