What I'll learn
The course will cover all aspects of traditional upholstery and will teach the individual learners the techniques necessary to reupholster their specific piece of furniture.
The course aims to provide an opportunity for all members of the group to develop your own skills to be able to reupholster the piece of furniture that you have chosen. You will also develop the skills that are in relation to you own interests and experience.
Skills and techniques will be taught and practiced according to your own projects and at the individuals’ request.
Each session provides opportunity for one-to-one mentoring during which recognition of personal progress and achievement of aims (these may change as the course progresses) plays an important role.
You will learn to:
- assess, project, and determine a route for upcycling individual pieces of furniture
- critique your own work and that of your peers through consideration of the questions asked
- develop skills and techniques in relation to your projects
- benefit from working in a group
- advance your upholstery skills relevant to your project
- challenge yourself to progress to more advanced pieces of work
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
Throughout the duration of this course you will:
- understand the upholstery process specific to their project
- be able to successfully document your individual project
- reflect on personal development and make judgements on your progress
- feel confident to adapt your skills to work on unfamiliar pieces of furniture
- apply the skills you have learnt to a wide range of furniture