Telford House, Telford Road,
Bicester, OX26 4LA
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Expand on the skills you need to maintain your classic motor vehicle in great condition.
Do you own a classic motor vehicle, but are worried you might not be able to keep it in pristine condition?
Our classic motor vehicle maintenance courses offer enthusiasts the opportunity to learn a host of skills, helping you to enjoy your classic motor vehicle all-year round.
This course is delivered at our workshop, based at the much-acclaimed Bicester Heritage site.
What I'll learn
If you already have a basic understanding of classic vehicle maintenance, our five-day course will provide you with the skills and confidence to carry out more advanced tasks.
During the five-day course, you will gain the following skills:
- Understand how to carry out a major assessment of your vehicle
- Learn how to deal with electrical and lighting issues
- Get a good understanding of how to assess larger structural issues
Upon completing this course, please speak with your tutor who can advise you further on any future classic vehicle courses planned.
How I'll learn
This is a very practical, hands-on course. You will learn through a number of specific tasks, including:
- Remove, assess and refit a petrol fuel pump (mechanical or electric)
- Check and adjust valve clearances
- Assess and adjust clutch operating cable/ cylinder/ linkage
- Remove, maintain and refit brake shoes
- Inspect and assess a brake slave cylinder
- Assess and maintain a rod or cable brake linkage
- Assess and inspect suspension units
- Assess structural body condition, including planning for a repair programme
- Assess paint condition from previous repairs
- Polishing and vehicle paint protection
- Electrical systems checking and cost effective repairs
- Carrying out minor electrical repairs
- Understanding legal safety requirements
You will need a basic understanding of classic vehicle maintenance.
You will not need to purchase additional materials for this course. All workshop materials will be provided.
The course is hands-on, so please dress suitably and consider bringing:
- Overalls/ durable clothing
- Heavy-duty gloves
- Suitable footwear ie, boots
Please note that catering outlets are limited at Bicester Heritage – therefore, we would advise you to bring your own refreshments throughout the course.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.