Telford House, Telford Road,
Bicester, OX26 4LA
An introduction to the skills you need to maintain your classic motor vehicle in great condition.
Do you own a classic motor vehicle, but are worried you might not be able to keep it in pristine condition?
Our classic motor vehicle maintenance courses offer enthusiasts the opportunity to learn a host of skills, helping you to enjoy your classic motor vehicle all-year round.
This course is delivered at our workshop, based at the much-acclaimed Bicester Heritage site.
Upon completion of the basic maintenance programme, you will be able to progress on to intermediate level.
What I'll learn
Our two-day course is perfect if you are looking to understand the fundamentals of classic car maintenance.
During the two-day course, you will:
- Pick-up the basic skills needed to maintain your classic motor vehicle
- Focus on key components - including oil, brakes and wheels
- Learn how to identify basic structural issues
If you want to learn more about classic vehicle maintenance, you can sign up to our five-day course. This will provide you with the skills and confidence to carry out more advanced tasks, including a major assessment of your vehicle and of larger structural issues.
How I'll learn
This is a very hands-on course. Specific tasks covered in the course include:
- Remove and replace a petrol in-line fuel filter
- Assess and maintain oil, coolant, brake and clutch fluids
- Remove, assess and refit engine oil and filter
- Assess and maintain oil levels in transmission
- Assess and maintain a carburettor fuel filter/strainer
- Remove, clean, adjust and refit spark plugs
- Remove, assess and refit contact breaker points
- Remove, clean, assess and refit an air filter element and housing
- Remove, assess and refit brake discs and pads
- Remove, inspect and refit a wheel
- Remove, inspect and refit a light unit and bulb
- Assess component condition and maintenance requirements
You will not need to purchase additional materials for this course – all workshop materials will be provided. Please dress suitably and consider bringing:
- Overalls / durable clothing
- Heavy-duty gloves
- Suitable footwear – i.e. boots
How I'll be assessed
This is a learning for leisure course, with no assessments and, therefore, no qualifications.
There are no entry requirements, just an interest and enthusiasm for classic vehicle maintenance.
How to Apply
To apply for this course, simply click on the ‘enrol’ button. You will then be taken to an enrolment form, where you will be asked to add your contact details and payment information.
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible.
If you prefer to enrol in person, please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.