What I'll learn
Beginners will follow a programme of projects which introduce them to a range of sculpting and decorating techniques. Experienced students can be set more challenging projects or work on their own design ideas. All students are supported by the tutor throughout each project.
You will also learn about:
- Development of designs that can be successfully converted into successful ceramic pieces.
- Creating a sculpture using different techniques (modelling, carving, construction and casting).
- Use a variety of ceramic decorative and glazing techniques.
- Resolving any problems and be aware of areas for improvement.
- How to apply Health and Safety guidelines in the ceramic studio.
How I'll learn
Formal instruction. Discussion. Individual tuition. Practical demonstration. Practical experience.