Oxford City Centre,
Oxford, OX1 1SA
Are you an experienced professional chef ready to take your cooking skills to the next level? This qualification will help you to take your cooking standards to a higher level.
This qualification will suit people with plenty of experience in a professional kitchen or a Level 2 qualification in hospitality.
You might be currently employed as a chef, or studying in a college. You must be over 16 to take these qualifications.
What I'll learn
The units that you will study include:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Prepare fish, meat and poultry for complex dishes
- Cook and finish fish, meat and poultry for complex dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish complex soups
- Prepare, cook and finish complex dressings and cold sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts
Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector.
How I'll learn
You will have one full day at college that is split between practical classes and theory classes.
The practical sessions are fully hands-on as you observe practical demonstrations and recreate dishes to the best of your ability with the support and encouragement from the tutor.
The theory element of the course is portfolio based, which is an ongoing process of gathering evidence.
The use of technology is highly encouraged to enhance your learning experience.
How I'll be assessed
You will have scheduled assessments throughout the course both within the college and workplace to make sure you have reached the right level of competency.
Assessments will be practical and theoretical.
A Level 2 qualification in professional cookery or experience of cooking in a professional kitchen.
A reasonable level of English and math would be useful.
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online. Click on APPLY NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register for our online service and verify your account
- Log in to our website and click APPLY NOW on your chosen programme’s page to complete your application
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
Please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.