Build up your business skills and progress your career with this two-year, part-time course accredited by Pearson.
The purpose of Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Business is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
After successful completion of the 8 units for the HNC, you can then progress to an HND in Business Management by completing the remaining 8 units. You can then ‘Top Up’ to a BA (Hons) degree subject to meeting entry requirements.
This qualification is a solid foundation in business aimed at students who would like a broad knowledge of all Business Management concepts.The objectives of the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Business are as follows:
- To equip students with business skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global business environment.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in business, including management, administration, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance.
- To provide insight and understanding into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a globalised market place.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in business, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in business or a related area.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To provide opportunities for those students with a global outlook to aspire to international career pathways.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification.
- To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Silver Award
Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that Activate Learning delivers high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It consistently exceeds rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education.
What I'll learn
The HNC in Business Management has 8 units.
The course develops your academic writing and research skills and develop the alongside your transferable skills in communication, teamwork, leadership and problem solving. This combination of academic and vocations skills give the best chance of progressing in your chosen career:
- The Level 4 HNC Business Management will increase your earning potential
- Successful completion will give you a nationally and internationally recognised qualification
- The HNC course gives you a strong foundation in Business
- Develops your knowledge and academic ability to prepare you for entry onto the HND and your degree
- Completion of this course would improve job prospects in Business sectors.
These qualifications have also been approved by the following professional bodies as suitable qualifications for Students to progress onto at the appropriate level.
These professional bodies include:
How I'll learn
The HNC in Business Management is a modular business programme delivered fully online by our teachers through our Virtual Learning Environment. When you study with Activate Learning, you will belong to a group of students studying the HNC and have regular one to ones, group interactions and taught sessions with a team of highly-qualified and experienced teachers with business experience.
We understand the unique needs of students studying online; we understand you may be juggling work, family and other commitments, and at Activate Learning we are really experienced in supporting you. We have a dedicated team of Higher Education Study Support Tutors who are on hand if you need additional help.
If you do not have a recognised disability or specific learning difficulty, but feel that you require additional support with your studies, you may be eligible to access some discrete sessions in one of the following areas:
- assistive software training
- IT upskilling
- essay planning and structure
- proofreading and editing written work
- bibliographies and referencing
- time management and personal organisation
- revision and exam tips
- presentation techniques
- Five GCSEs at grades 9–4 (A–C) including English and maths
- Relevant Access to Higher Education L3 Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business or related subject, at a Merit
Other entry routes
We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience equivalent to the typical offer. Contact us for details of you believe your experience is relevant or you have different quaificatons to those stated.
Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate that their level of English is acceptable, by achieving a score in a recognised test such as:
- British Council IELTS: normally minimum level 5.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in the reading and writing components
How to Apply
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
If you are an international student, please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.
How to Apply
For further information, please contact the HE Admissions Coordinator at Activate Learning either by email: HE@activatelearning.ac.uk or phone: +44 (0)1865 550550
Applicants should apply directly to college via our website.
Home/ EU Fee for 2021 entrance: £6165