Banbury, OX16 9QA
Get an in-depth knowledge of how business works with a qualification that’s highly valued by employers - the Extended Diploma in Business.
The Business (Entrepreneur) Level 3 Extended Diploma will give you highly transferable skills and provides excellent preparation for progression to career opportunities in:
- human resources
- or for entry to higher education
What I'll learn
The Business Level 3 Extended Diploma has core/mandatory units and optional units. The core units you cover are:
- the business environment
- business resources
- introduction to marketing
- business communication
In addition to these, you take 12 optional units from a range which includes:
- creative product promotion
- business accounting
- internet marketing
- human resource management
- developing teamwork
- international business environment
- starting a small business
- health and safety
- event management
- supporting business projects
- recruitment and selection
This course develops and enhances your professionalism in a business context. It develops personal skills alongside knowledge acquisition and its practical application.
You will learn about the legal forms of business ownership, financial accounting, business documentation, communication in businesses, the structure interpretation and use of financial documents, and how they are used in a business environment.
How I'll learn
You will learn via team activities, visits to local businesses, entrepreneur competitions at university, visits to SAID Business School, research tasks, presentations, volunteering opportunities, discussions, debates and work placements.
You will benefit from workshop facilities in a computer suite with computers that enable you to complete your course assessments. There are also open access computer resources in the library.
This course will:
- develop your employability through the day-to-day course activities, such as teamworking, group and individual activities
- assist in improving your English, maths and ICT skills
- help you to complete coursework
- prepare you for further independent study or employment
- help you to become a more independent learner as the course will develop your analytical and critical thinking skills as well as teamworking and leadership skills.
Activities range from academic case study work to developing practical business skills and work experience. There is also a variety of business-related excursions and a residential trip during the course of your studies.
How I'll be assessed
This BTEC course is a practical work and business-related course.
You'll primarily ‘learn by doing’, in other words, completing projects and assignments based on real businesses in the area.
All units are assessed through written and oral assignments. There are two exams each year.
You will need five or more GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and maths or an equivalent qualification in business at Level 2.
If invited for interview, you will initially take part in an introduction to the course and your interview will follow from there.
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online. Click on APPLY NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register for our online service and verify your account
- Log in to our website and click APPLY NOW on your chosen programme’s page to complete your application
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
Please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.