Wokingham, RG40 1UE
This is a mixed ability course suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve their flower arranging skills and techniques
The course will cover a selection of elements and principles of flower arranging, together with a variety of techniques.
There will be a demonstration followed by practical work enabling you to leave each week with a completed flower arrangement.
You will be able to work at your own pace with the friendly and expert guidance from our experienced tutor.
Enjoy the abundance of summer flowers and create exciting flower arrangements suitable for your own home or as gifts for special occasions.
You may be interested in our other Flower Arranging courses, which take place at The Cornerstone, Woodley Hill House and Waingels College.
What I'll learn
On this course, you will:
- learn how create exciting flower arrangements
- come to understand the basic elements and principles of flower design
- learn new techniques and mechanics to create a selection of traditional and contemporary designs
- gain practical experience of creating and completing a variety of inspiring designs
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
Please bring with you:
- clear Glass or Clear Acrylic Round Bowl (about 9”–10” in diameter with a side depth of 2.5”-3”). Note: this can be a square dish, but it must be clear and with these measurements
- aluminium Wire – to match or contrast with your flowers
- note pad and pen
A large quantity of Laurel Leaves, or similar. Medium sized leaves and at least a quantity of 80+ will be used
Optional: some delicate trailing foliage such as Ivy, Clematis or Jasmine
A selection of your choice and colour. Smallish, dainty summer flowers such as Spray Carnations, Spray Roses, Chrysanthemums, Clematis or small Peony.
These are suggestions only. The flowers/foliage and colours are your choice. The tutor will have a supply of aluminium wire, if required.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.