Wokingham, RG40 1UE
Enjoy the delights of spring with seasonal flower arrangements, both traditional and contemporary.
Welcome the arrival of Spring with a fun-filled and informative day making your very own personal flower arrangements.
This is a mixed-ability class, suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve their flower arranging skills and techniques.
There will be a demonstration of two designs followed by practical work enabling you to leave with two exciting and completed flower arrangements.
You will be able to work at your own pace with the friendly and expert guidance from our experienced tutor.
We also have flower arranging courses at Woodley Hill House and Waingels Adult Centre.
There are additional costs associated with the course for flowers and materials.
What I'll learn
On this course, you'll learn how to create two dynamic flower arrangements. See below for details on these arrangements.
In addition to these arrangements, you will also:
- learn to use spring flowers and foliage to maximum effect in your arrangements
- learn new arragning techniques
- get practical experience of creating and completing two floral arrangements
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
- Three Oasis bricks
- Paper to cover bricks (this can be sturdy hand made paper, wallpaper or wrapping paper)
- 2 x 36” Bamboo Canes—to be cut during the day—or Orchid Cane sticks
- 10 test tubes or short glasses (the tutor will have a supply of test tubes)
A little delicate foliage, for example: Hebe, Asparagus Fern, or Panicum (Grass). At least 10 stems.
Germini, Spray Roses, Roses, Narcissi, Tulips, Muscari of a Cymbidium (Orchid) Stem. At least 8–10 stems. Design looks better with all the same flowers and colour. Colour of flowers to tone/contrast with the covering over Oasis bricks.
- 1 x 7” Diameter Pot – Terracotta or similar
- 2 x Flat Wire Wreath Rings (1 x 10” and 1 x 8”)
- Oasis to fill pot with at least 1 ½” showing above sides of pot for plant material
- 1 x 6” or 7” Posy Pad – MUST be plain sides NOT with plastic base
- Wool, Raffia, Ribbon or Paper – to cover bamboo canes, flat wreath rings and sides of posy pad – can be pre-prepared. Colour to match/contrast your colour scheme
- A little sand/pebbles/stones to weight your pot an keep the design balanced!
- Paper covered wire
- Note pad and pen
An assortment of different types of foliage with contrasting textures, shape and form, bearing in mind the size and proportion of your pot. Enough foliage to cover both the oasis in the pot and the posy pad.
Your choice of both colour and type (to contrast/match with your colour scheme). Suggestions: Spray Carnations, small-headed roses, Germini, Narcissi, Mascari, Hyacinths. An assorted/mixed selection to cover both the oasis in the pot and the posy pad.
The tutor will have a supply of both the flat-wire Rings, test tubes, posy pads and Oasis bricks, if required.
You will also need to bring your own packed lunch and drink.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.