Waingels Adult Centre,
Denmark Avenue, Woodley,
Reading, RG5 4RF
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Make a unique and special Mother's Day gift on this fun short course!
Make a heart-felt and unique Mother’s Day gift by creating a special hand-tied bouquet, using fresh flowers and foliage of your own choice.
This half-day event is designed for all abilities. YOu'' be guided by the friendly and experienced tutors whilst working at your own pace.
Spring and Summer Flowers course at Waingels or other Flower Arranging classes are also offered at Woodley Hill House and The Cornerstone.
What I'll learn
On this course, you will learn about:
- conditioning and preparation of plant material
- know the characteristics of fresh plant material
- techniques and practical experience of constructing a hand-tied bouquet
How I'll learn
You will learn through a combination of:
- formal instruction
- step by step practical demonstration
- group discussion and evaluation
- practical experience with one-to-one support
For this course, you'll need:
- Flower scissors or secateurs
- Garden twine
- A selection of straight stemmed foliage and flowers. As a guide you will need to bring approximately 7–9 focal flowers such as roses
- 2/3 stems of filler flowers such a spray carnations or chrysanthemums
- A variety of suggested foliage as above
- Bowl or vase with 6–10inch diameter
Suggested foliage could include Eucalyptus, Hard Ruscus, Buxus, Tree Ivy, chamelaucium (Wax Flower).
Suggested flowers with strong stems and spray forms such as: Roses, chrysanthemums, Lisianthus, Carnations
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.