Waingels Adult Centre,
Denmark Avenue, Woodley,
Reading, RG5 4RF
Learn tips and tricks to design and make beautiful unique applique items!
This is a creative and practical applique course where by working on several projects throughout the course, you will learn tips and tricks to design and make beautiful unique applique items. Use fabrics to create your designs by layering and embellishing.
Designs can be applied to many items such as book covers, PE bags, and cushion covers, or you can design and make a special keepsake or a personalised present.
This course is suitable for any ability.
Activate Learning offer a range of learning for leisure appliqué courses and workshops throughout the year.
What I'll learn
- Confidence using the sewing machine
- Applique design and techniques
- Embellishment techniques, hand embroidery.
- Finishing techniques
How I'll learn
- Individual tuition and guidance
- Practical demonstrations and experience
- Trouble shooting problems
You will need to bring with you:
- ideas for a design
- enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- a basic sewing kit (tutor will advise items needed on the first lesson)
We have some fabrics and thread available for you to use, but the patterns and colours may not be to your liking.
Please bring with you any fabric, threads, ribbons, buttons you wish to use. 1.5m of calico per learner is included in the course cost.
Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase on site.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.