Waingels Adult Centre,
Denmark Avenue, Woodley,
Reading, RG5 4RF
Spend a fun and relaxed day in the company of our expert tutor making an Easter Bunny toy (or chicken) as a keepsake or gift.
You will be guided through each step of the process so that your creation will be unique. Your Easter Bunny can be made in a range of fabrics and colours and add your own finishing details.
Activate Learning offer a range of learning for leisure sewing workshops and courses throughout the year.
We have some fabrics and thread available for you to use but the patterns and colours may not be to your liking, so please bring with you any fabric, threads, ribbons, buttons you wish to use. 1.5m of calico is included in the course cost.
What I'll learn
- Confidence using the sewing machine
- Cutting and sewing from a pattern to make a 3D toy.
- Fabric manipulation, embellishment techniques, hand embroidery.
- Finishing techniques.
How I'll learn
- Individual tuition and guidance
- Practical demonstrations and experience
- Trouble shooting problems
- A finished Easter keepsake or gift
- Ideas you have for your design.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- A packed lunch (refreshments are available to purchase on site)
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.