Waingels Adult Centre,
Denmark Avenue, Woodley,
Reading, RG5 4RF
This is a fun, practical and creative sewing workshop where you will design and make a unique Christmas keepsake.
Take home with you a finished Christmas keepsake to be proud of!
Use applique and embellishment techniques to make your piece personal, so Santa knows where to deliver the presents for a special boy or girl.
This course is suitable for all abilities.
Activate Learning offer a range of learning for leisure sewing courses and workshops taking place throughout the year.
What I'll learn
- Confidence using the sewing machine
- Applique techniques
- Embellishment techniques
- Finishing techniques
How I'll learn
You will produce a personalised Santa Sack through:
- individual tuition and guidance
- practical demonstrations and experience
- trouble shooting problems
We have some fabrics and thread available for you to use but the patterns and colours may not be to your liking. Please bring with you any fabric, threads, ribbons, buttons you wish to use. 1.5 metre of calico is included in the course cost.
You will need to bring:
- Ideas you have for your design
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Packed lunch (refreshments are available on site for a small cost)
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.